Warehouse Picker & Packer
- JOB TYPE
- Temporary Vacancies & Fixed Term Contracts
Date posted: April 21, 2021
Job Title: Warehouse Picker & Packer
Location: Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire
Salary: up to £23,000 p.a (dependent upon experience)
Contract: Full Time, Permanent – (Flexible hours between 7.30am to 4pm or 8.30am to 5pm)
A Manufacturing Company in Hertfordshire are recruiting for an experienced Picker & Packer to join their established team, within a busy warehouse.
Due to experiencing a busy period, our client is expanding their small team ahead of the new year to assist with expected growth in the future!
Although having a Fork Lift Truck Driver License / Counter Balance would be highly beneficial, this company are willing to train the right person to achieve this Licence. With this in mind, the successful candidate must be looking to work towards this Goal and have a keen interest to train, to pass their License successfully.
• You must be hard working, dedicated and experienced in warehousing
• Must be computer literate as using a barcode, scanner and PC is required
• Cope well under pressure
• Have strong organisational, written & verbal communication skills (GCSE English A-C or equivalent, including MATHS)
• Be used to multi-tasking and using initiative, whilst displaying a flexible and adaptable attitude which is essential in a small business environment
• Excellent attention to detail, undertaking quality assurance checks & checking delivery paperwork
• Heavy lifting is involved on occasions (16 Kilos)
• Be experienced in loading and unloading lorries, quality checking all goods in and out
• Be computer literate and competent in MS Word, Excel, Email
• Have a valid forklift licence (Would be beneficial, but not essential)
You will be responsible for ensuring all orders are correctly picked, packed and correctly dispatched
Provide guidance on the logistics of consignments
Recommend initiatives for the warehouse to work more efficiently and in the most cost effective way
Work mainly within a Manuel position, however a small part of the role will be using a Fork Lift Truck, therefore a Truck License is required!
Labelling, barcoding and scanning - Experience of using a PC is essential
Accurately calculate weights of consignments for transport quotations
Work to tight deadlines with high level of accuracy
If you feel this position could be suited to you, please apply online today by sending your CV and covering letter to the smart10 recruitment team.