Qualified Tax Accountant / Partner
- JOB TYPE
- Permanent Vacancies
- St Albans
Date posted: July 13, 2020
Job Title: Qualified Tax Accountant / Partner
Location: Near St Albans, Hertfordshire
Salary: £35,000 to £60,000 p.a
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Our client is looking for an experienced and qualified Tax Accountant to join their successful specialist firm in the Heart of St Albans, Hertfordshire. A Tax Consultancy firm specialising in R&D Tax and Tax Relief Schemes, with a growing number of full accounting service clients.
The environment within this office is supportive and friendly, but also intellectually stimulating with a focus on delivering a high-end service to all business clients. The office is generally quiet as some workers are remote, with the opportunity to utilise the office in times of need.
Excellent training and work experience is available for the successful candidate, together with a clear career path for the right person to progress to partnership level.
• Prepare R&D tax credits and RDEC claim reports & submit to HMRC
• Manage team of 3 Assistant Trainee Accounts Administrators
• Create financial reports on clients using Microsoft Excel (Vlookup & Pivot tables)
• Updating internal databases with client information & status etc.
• Prepare financial statements
• Prepare corporate & personal tax returns
• Preparing VAT returns
• Monthly payroll runs
• Focussed, hardworking, attentive and diligent
• Able to deliver detailed accurate work to deadlines
• Positive attitude towards work
• Exceeding client expectations on all accounts
• Creative tax planning mind.
Technical skills required
• Excellent English & clear telephone manner
• Excellent Written Business English for proof reading reports
• Chartered Accountant
• Chartered Tax Consultant (CIOT)
• VAT, Payroll and basic Corporation Tax experience & Group relief
• Xero Accounting & Payroll
• Sage & other accounting packages