Finance / Accounts Assistant
- JOB TYPE
- Permanent Vacancies
Date posted: January 27, 2021
Job Title: Finance / Accounts Assistant
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: up to £23,000 pa (dependant on experience)
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Immediate start date available for the successful Applicant!!
Joining as a Finance / Accounts Assistant, you will be providing accountancy and business support services within the accounts department
This is a Full Time Accounting and Office Admin Assistant vacancy, with the opportunity to join a small friendly team within a growing business on a permanent basis.
The role will primarily be to provide support to the senior accounts team members, job duties include; processing invoices and other related accounts and administration tasks, whilst also offering administrative support to the business Directors in times of need.
The successful candidate will assist and shadow staff members in other departments, by means of gaining broad knowledge and understanding of the overall business, in order to be able to provide support during staff holidays throughout the year.
• IT Literate within MS Office & Sage
• Clear understanding of bookkeeping & accountancy procedures
• Good communication skills on all levels, both written and verbally
• Ability to work with all individuals across all departments, being a great team player
• Well organised with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines / KPI’s
• Have the ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively, within a timely manner
Process Purchase Invoices & credit notes
Raise Sales Invoices & credits notes
Post Bank Transactions accurately and in a timely and efficient manner
Reconcile supplier statements
Resolve Customer or Supplier queries within a timely manner
Prepare accurate monthly purchase ledger payment runs
Issue Supplier Remittance Advices
Issue Customer Statements and copy invoices
Ad-hoc Administrative duties required by management and / or Directors